Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sin chow from Vietnam!

Sin chow from Ho Chi Minh!

That's hello from HCM by the way. hehehe

Am currently here..for work, as opposed to London, on vacation. hahahaha

 
Yes, I think Im well reminded of my purpose to go to HCM. haha

 
Maybank KE Vietnam

Although being here at the expense of the Company is kind of .. nice? hahaha because we have a driver, an awesome 4?5? star hotel with Chanel being my main checkpoint...

"Ok from Chanel I turn left..or right?.."


 
REX Hotel, HCM. There's Chanel tu nampak takkkkkkkkkkk.
 
 
Whats under the hotel............. T_T

 
All day gym! and POOL!

 
So I ditched the gym after 15 minutes and headed for the pool chair and oh my what a viewww!

hahahaha

Been a busy and hectic one week, we arrived here on Monday evening and it was straight to work the next day. My review so far?

Oh I would looove to come again! hahaha provided we stay in this kind of hotel, at District 1- cause everything is walking distance to the popular Ben Thanth Market.

 
Taken from the car.

OMG, bargains, bargains! SO much you can bargain, but being the 'takpe la ok la tu for that price' I don't bargain THAT much, compared to my other colleagues.

Im roommates with Hana Banana, my closest friend in Tiger so that's a plus point! hehehehe

Lets not mention WHEN the boss decides to come over now shall we? hahahaha

Our driver Mr Trung (pronounced Tun) is such a dear man, and patient too. Oh yes please hire a driver or WALK, taxis are said to be quite dangerous in the sense that they may charge you extra like the mat salehs in Malaysia.. or worse case scenario, I heard some people was kidnapped? *shudders*

Anyways, HCM is a beautiful place- TOO many motorbikes for my liking nevertheless every single time we sat in the car on our way to/from/ office/lunch/hotel, I find myself peering out the window, going through each and every shop there are!

Yes the weather's hot and humid but the shops open until 10..and the people are nice! Polite (so far, Alhamdulillah) and you get to go for a late night (read: 8 pm) massage/wax/pedicure at just about any opened spas without making an appointment! and theyre dirt cheap! Okay so I didn't go for the pedicure, Hans and Sharon did cause I still love my Nail Parlor back home- so I did the emergency wax (beehehehe) and a full on leg massasssssssssssssssss!

OMG setap please setappp!

Btw currency's like Indonesia's, its thousands of DONG so make sure you know how to convert into RM sepantas mungkin. haha

 
Exhibit 1: Baskin. (Yes I had this hehehe)

Food wise- It was quite easy, being in District 1, many to choose from but its soo much different from London. In London you get HUGE portions, enough to feed 3-4 people and its so very nice (despite being so sick of them Mediterranean food once I reached KL hahaha) and you only pay what- 15-25 pounds? Lets not convert too much but at least the money's worth the huge and I mean HUGE portions.

 
Our very first restaurant on our first night in HCM.

In HCM, on the other hand, the portion's too small for such price quoted in the menu. Another friend of ours, pregnant and LOVES to eat (omg I love her!) ordered biryani daging and when the food arrived we were sooo shocked! Tiny portion of rice with this seketui daging.

=_=

But not to worry, we soon discovered other Halal places- most of them near Sheraton (same row, actually) and Id recommend you to go to D'Nyonya, a placed owned by a Malaysian- cause its cheap and banyak! hahahaha

And many more restaurants but of course, I couldn't be bothered to take down the names. Only locations. hahaha

Loving HCM so far, Alhamdulillah.

Dirt cheap cottons/lycras and tailor made tops/skirts/jubahs. Have yet to receive mine though. hehehe Praying that it turns out well, InsyaAllah. Oh and when the tailor was taking my measurement just now, she asked (or sorta assumed) I was not married yet. When I said No not yet, she said..

"Oh now (no) wandahh....sexxxyyy!"

Please bear in mind that I was wearing black sweatpants, a blue longsleeved top and my favourite tribal-ish shawl..

Wah so sexy ya? HAHAHA

Anyways..

OH! On to tomorrow, we are all going for a trip- a river cruise, I think. hehehe Along Mekong river, and we're gonna go on that ..uh.. apa nama sampan kecik tu ek? yg panjang muat 4 orang tu? hahaha and one bimbotic moment of mine.. there's this place called Cu Chi Tunnel (please google if you wanna know more)and apparently its a historic place, a tunnel to be exact, and the first time my friend told me this "Oh you can go to Cu Chi Tunnel if you want- I didn't go sebab its dirty.." and in my head I was like...........

"Cuci tunnel? Pergi jauh2 nak cuci tunnel buat apa? Ingat ni SMART tunnel ke apa?...'

and when I finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy saw the actual CU CHI Tunnel.....I laughed. hahahahahah major facepalm, man! kahkahkah nasib la takda orang tau.

So I have 13-14 more days here, will be back on the 23rd and I was the happiest when I found out that the following day was Wesak day and then the weekenddddddddddd!

Hahahaha cannot go lah. Kerja tak siap lagi ada hati fikir nak balik.

And lets just say I was always singing "Bawa Aku Pergi by Zizan and Kaka" and I especially love this part..

"Bawa aku pergi..pacu laju laju kita lari dari reality..."

And when Im here, wow, memang jauh dari reality!

:D

InsyaAllah, it will get better.

*Hoping and praying*
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment