You will never know what you have til its taken away from you.
Even the smallest things in life, or the most significant yet you never paid any attention to it.
It happened to me, two weeks ago.
Back in Vietnam, I had an earache. It sorta started the morning after I watched Mirror Mirror on HBO, when I shudder at that part when Julia Roberts had those worms put in her ear. The next morning, I felt like I WAS the one with worms in her ears! It aches but theres nothing I can do about it cause its inside the ear, way inside and I cant even see it!
So right after I got home, I went to the clinic in Tiger and I was informed that I had a bad ear infection. From where, I wouldn't know.
So she gave me eardrops and I'd do anything to take the pain away.
Turns out the next day was worse. I put the eardrop but the drop decided to stay in my ear. It felt like one ear blocked right away and I honestly felt extremely uncomfortable- blocked ears on top of the already aching ear.
No one knows though, cause its not something visible and I have nothing to show for the pain. Unlike my grazed fingers, yes those scars, people got ask one. hahaha
"Luka di tangan semua Nampak, luka di telinga, Allah Maha Mengetahui.."
So FINALLY I listened to Mama when she told me to go and see the specialist in SJMC.. or SDMC now. Normally Id reject any idea of seeing a specialist cause I am THAT lazy to go to hospitals..to visit yes, im okay but to go and see the doctor? Er.. Mama teman pls? HAHA whateves!
So Mama helped call the hospital and ..yes, healthcare benefits are a plus point, especially for big corporations like Maybank, with Etiqa being so prompt and helpful. Yes sila bersyukur and jangan sebok nak resign nak resign! *slaps*
Made an appointment this morning to see the ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) specialist at 930 but was told to take my number and register at 830.
Went in to the registration counter and waited. The nurse called and lets just say that its IMPORTANT to have BOTH ears working! I had to lower my head towards the nurse and tell my whole tale of the ears, and with pitied eyes she explained that I had to bring a GL and a referral letter.
Honestly, I went blank. GL? Referral?! But..er.. okay..so what do I do now, I asked?
The nurse kindly explained to me the whole process, bit by bit, that I had to go to the Emergency Ward at the South Tower (I didn't even realise which tower I was at!) and a medical officer will bla bla bla...get letter.. come back North tower... bla bla bla...see specialist.. bla bla bla.
Being the auditor that I am, I asked extremely specific questions:
1) I can just walk in the Emergency?
2) They will call Etiqa from there and fax my details?
3) Yes thank you and what is your name? Just in case they asked who sent me there...
And right after the emergency..
1) I can go straight to see the specialist?
2) Is everything okay with Etiqa?
3) I just bring this document? nothing else?
T_T
Im an auditor, omg.
I was basically doing a process walkthrough at SDMC!
hahahaha ceh!
It was a fast process actually, and I was SO glad I went to see the specialist- Dr Chandran's a kind kinddd man and he had all these weird looking equipments in his room, one you would never find in a GP's office (okay duh!) and he inserted this tiny instrument into my ear and sucked out the water and I CAN HEAR AGAIN~! CLEARLY, UNTIL IT WAS SO CLEAR I THINK MY LEFT ONE'S BLOCKED! ahahahahahhaa
Over lah Nani.
Dr Chandran was very helpful and his nurse was kind too, despite the many patients that they have to attend to, they still managed a smile, a kind nod to this clueless woman in blue looking like shes lost.
Even the Pharmacist was helpful, I gave an awesome review on the Comment Card! hahahaha
So there you go. A looong story on gratitude.
Appreciate your good health, the fact that you can see, hear, walk, talk, type, write, THINK, eat!, and the fact that you don't have a bad stomach ache now.
Alhamdulillah, Oh yes, and the fact that your thumb is working just fine.
Appreciate the small things. Thank Allah for every single thing and person in your life.
Id give a whole speech here but I think ill thank Him privately. Too much to be thankful for.
:D
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment