Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Step into my life for a bit.

Salams. (Read somewhere that it is good to start something off with 'Salam'..) hehehe

Ever since Zaim took the other laptop to uni, i seem to have a tough time blogging, as opposed to the times when my EY laptop was with me, id put up a post every 2-3 days! I lovee to write, maybe cause im a day time dreamer so i love to ramble about my endless dreams, stepping into another world once in a while.

Speaking of which, i have been reading Vivy's (Proudduck) and Hanis Zalikha's blog on a daily basis, or rather, on an update basis. LOL. But thats the fun part. I have no idea who they are apart from celebrity bloggers, but reading their blogs is like stepping into their life and experiencing (virtually, not literally) how life is being..you know, who they are. Thats why i loveeeeeee reading blogs, especially successful beautiful and inspiring people of course. haha all the more reason to improve my life, not to be like them 100% but to upgrade it to a better life, one that I am worthy of living, happy to be in, well you know the drill. *huge grin*

Anyways, on recent updates---been spending time with the family these past few weeks. Like last weekend, we (Mama, Tok and I) had an all ladies day out to the Curve. Brought Tok out for some sight seeing, im telling you this Gramma of mine does not sit around and water the plants or feed chickens but malls are more her thing. She was the happiest to be eating out with Mama and I at Little Penang, had her..whats it called..pie..tee? Chai tee? And a little bit of Mama's char kuay teow.

See Tok's happy smile?

One of my favourite place to eat at the Curve.

But of course, my all time favorite. Spicy, please, no kerang. 

Yes, whats this thing called? Some pie tee chai tee?

Tok & Mama.....Mama giving Tok a 10 second course....."put your hand here, mom.." 

Was being vain while waiting for Mama and Tok buy pisang goreng at this stall at Taman Tun. SCORCHING hot. Was not doing a duck face on purpose. hahaha

So back to other important events, today itself is my darling sister's birthday! HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY YAYA!..and her anniversary too soooo..HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TOOOOOOOOOOO!

First thing i did this morning. Searched for photos on google and perfected a collage for her and Efan. HEHE Im sweet i know. (Sugarcoating cheapskate, perhaps? hahahaha okay no, am getting her something else-lah!) Ok super excited but have yet to get her a prezzie. Got ME a couple of outfits.........on Momsy....hihihi *sheepish* HEY Mama nak belanja. Who am i to decline? LOL *slaps*

On to another note, I wish (just wishing) to start off a business. Although i am FAR from being a business person- i love being in strategy, on WHERE a company is heading, to have a broader perspective on things and NOT to start off a business on my own...BUT...

Yes BUT.

I am sooo sick of buying clothes that dont fit me. In the sense that i am NOT petite, kerempeng kinda girl.

I-am-TALL.

Only 5'7" but in Malaysia I am considered TALL.

So i have a harder time choosing outfits, but once i got the perfect cutting, size and colour, ill be buying em in different shades of the same! LOL. So if you happen to see me in the same outfit of the same designs but different colours, yea, you know im in one of those i-have-found-the-perfect-shop-so-be-it-im-getting-all-the-colours.

Dont judge.

But for now, im in a phase where i wear dresses, i was from Jeans, to Skirts... and now, dresses..long ones of course, (well duh) and I am the most frequent visitor on POPLOOK's website! Although I am on to their TALL designs, I lovveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the dresses, but only those made from jersey material. SO comfortable, im tellin you! And very much affordable!

 Their TALL designs. I follow them on Instagram and i so love this picture! Gimme gimme!

My favourite, no thats not me thats the model from Poplook itself. My black jersey slip.

My purple princess jasmine dress. LOVE this too! 

This is a Rouched? skirt, very comfortable and gives you a swishy feeling when you wear em!

And this final piece is from Girls Barn, they have it at the Curve on weekends, at the flea market! Or at Wangsa Walk, or at Subang Parade! VERY comfortable and its made from cotton so yeah, put on a jacket and a pair of low heels and im off!

I have other tops and skirts i just bought..quite recently too, but i havent worn the lot of them. Hehehehe just got them last night, actually. ;P 

So, having limited choices, ill grab any one of those that fits me! Oh and did i tell you the lady whose daughter owns Girls barn said.."No, my dear i think that one is too big for you..." When i was busy admiring one of the dresses on the rack. Teeheeee. She got me this instead!

Oh and another 'cerita perasan of mine'...

My friend (Hana) and I was boarding the train..EH EH betul ke you BOARD a train? I know planes, but Trains?hahaha okay whatever. So one fine day last week i was extra rajin to take the LRT to work, and that Friday traffic was extremely bad (although i parked at Bangsar i dare not go off at 7pm) due to road closure for Bersih on the next day. So Hana and I took off to KLCC for dinner and the cerita perasan goes off something like this:

*Train door opens, 2 ladies walk in, 1 of them sat down, the other stood next to her*

Lady 1: Babe its sooooooooooooooo hot these past few days, berlengas okay! I can feel the bahang!
Lady 2: yeah i know, right? Tapi you lagi la kan...*looks at  my body* with your corset lagi..
Lady 1 who is obviously MOI: Corset? Ohhh.. Im not wearing it today. I basuh corset tu semalam. Its hanging dry. hehehehe
Lady 2 aka Hana: Omg what??! You're not?? But you look like you're wearing it! hahaha you got me fooledddddddd!
Me: *Extremely happy* I do?????? hahahahaa awww thanks babeee! hahahaha 
Hana: Hmm betul la ekk? The corset helps shape your body...tapi memang nampak macam you pakai!

*Train stops at KLCC, 1 lady walk out, 1 lady floating on air*

NGAHAHAHA Need i say more? ;DDD

Got this from Reni's blog, yang i pinjam. hehehehe
*BEAMS*

So...........Okay on to a more recent news:

BERSIH.

Not gonna say much about THAT.

But.....what i DO know is that..please-lah. I support those who want a peaceful rally but really? Is a rally normally peaceful? I DONT support the violence, which i know is NOT one of the agendas, and yes i also know that the government is well aware of the 'tuntutan' from this Bersih 3.0...my point is...

My baby not so baby brother Zaim went to Bersih, in which he told my parents..."Zaim nak pergi carik screw for the bed.." 

=_=

(He is SO screwed if Mama and Ayah found out he went to the rally!)

I knew he was at the rally, he told me the night before. I was against it, i said NO dont go. Its not safe, bla3. 

But he said.."Ala...nak experience jer lah..."

But it was indeed, an experience, for him and me. We stayed up late on Saturday night, i was basically seeking my little brother's opinion on something and he told me all about the rally..the tear gas that stung his eyes, the suffocating feeling, the panic at having to run from the tear gas and water cannon...

And i gave him a looooooooooong lecture about NOT going the next time there is another one. 

There were like a gazillion posts on facebook, i saw the photo of that police, i saw the police car having lost control and slammed the pillar..and thought..

"If Zaim was there and he was hurt memang Id scream..IS THIS WHAT YOU GUYS F'CKIN WANT?"

I am in for PEACE. Not pro government, not anti government. I just dont want my family members get hurt, especially my baby-not-so-baby brother Zaim. You know how close i am with him, kan? Grr. Now i know what marah sayang means. When your parents scream at you for doing something bad, for being so careless about driving/walking anywhere alone, etc etc.

Ngahaha. Yea, points noted, Mama and Ayah! ^__^ We love you toooo! HEHE

Sigh. Benci tau. Tapi nak marah sangat pun tak boleh. He confides in me a lot. So if i mengamuk at him for going, hes not gonna tell me stuff anymore. hahahaha

Anyways, post sudah terlalu panjang. 

Its 1st May, so i suppose im getting all this energy tonight to ramble sepanjang panjangnyaaaaaaaaaaa!

HEHEHE Okay toodlesssssssssss!~









1 comment:

  1. Hi Nani Rifai,

    Sorry, but I've been a silent reader of your blog for quite a while now. I kinda miss naqib though, why no mention about him in the last couple of posts? he is busy? pls bring him back. i find him cute though lol

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete