Friday, December 28, 2012

Monsters-in-law? NO!

Im all smiles, i just watched Monsters-in-law, the movie acted by J Lo and Jane Fonda. It was HILARIOUS, i tell you! At one point i was laughing so loud, and then giggled and towards the end I got teary eyed during Charlie (JLo)'s "speech" to her future mother in law. hahahaha

Now for the purpose of this post, it is about an ex-future-mother-in-law who was downright AWESOME (okay please note ex-future MIL hahahaha but still awesome nonetheless) and i have to say I adore her so so much, okay more than i adored her son? HAHAHA ok i hope he wont be reading this hahaha sorry sweets but your mom is the best! (After my mommy lahh)

Anyway, Ive never officially met the parents of my other then boyfriends, probably because we were still too young; but Ive this fear of meeting my future in laws..like..would they like me? I dont know how to properly cook, would they judge? Will i love them? WILL THEY LOVE ME? OMG WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? WHAT SHOULD I SAY????

hahahaha and the list goes on.................

So what happened was, my then boyfriend/err recent ex(?) Hafiz and I went to a wedding, a mutual friend of ours. He was being all nice and said he'll pick me up (little did I know, he had this plan which i only came to know AFTER the wedding!...)

On our way to the wedding, he asked if i had any plans after, so i said no...because I didnt have any.. I asked why but he just said.."oh tanya jer.."

So fast forward AFTER the wedding, he said.."Btw, I kena amik my mom and my sisters at my brother's house in (not sure of the place..Bukit Antarabangsa kah?)"... and he said it so nonchalantly too!

I FROZE. Literally. I was speechless, i started stammering and my mind went black. Oh and my hands went cold. hahahahahaha MACAM NAK JUMPA ARTIS HOLLYWOOD KE APA.

But i was extremely nervous, i straightened my baju kurung for the 100th time, and actually suggested.."Is it too late to turn back? Is there enough room for everyone? I mean.. you CAN drop me off at the nearest train, you know.."

Poyo gila, i was trying to be all understanding, but only God knows how i felt inside. Oh and no, we cant turn back cause the wedding's in Cheras and his brother's house is in KL....and Im in Subang.. and Hafiz's famous line to me then.."whyy..rilex sudaaa" HAHAHA kena sepak jugak kang.

Okay so there we were, at his brother's apartment, his sisters and niece and nephew were there, and ta-da! His mom, too............... and wow Hafiz was "super nice kan", he left me with them and went to the kitchen and sorta ignored me, so then Id have to mingle on my own. hahahahah

But, lets just cut to the chase..

I LOVE his mom! I call her Makcik Ani, and she is the sweetest, most loving and caring, and probably i have this thing for Kedah-ans, their accent really makes me laugh! The WHOLE family speaks that way. Hang, ceq, semua lah!hahaha

His mom is the best cook, the kindest too; when my parents went to Hajj I went to Hafiz's almost every week and was fed with home cooked food.........hahahaha and slept over one evening cause i was sooo drowsy from the meds i took, prayed there, spent a whole day there with his adorable nieces and nephews..hahahaha

His dad passed away a few years ago so its just his mom and....his 9 siblings..okay 8 cause 1 was in Dubai.. and 2 SILs, and a few nieces and nephews.. hehehehe

And everyone is just wonderful. They made me feel sooo welcomed, i actually felt shy (still do) whenever im around. Even his sisters are wonderful, his brothers too..so unlike Monsters in law.. hahahahaha

Alhamdulillah, even though it didnt happen between Hafiz and I, i am still grateful to be given the chance to at least know that there are nice families out there, one that I MAY (albeit did not-referring to Hafiz's) enter into. hehehe

There were some funny moments though.. hehehe Makcik Ani sometimes call me Nani and she has this sweet grandma aura, just like my nenek Serdang. hehehe my Nenek likes to call out Naniiiiiiiiiiiii and ill go Yes Nekkkkkkkkkkk..

Okay so this one time Makcik Ani was calling me, ajak makan la kan.. So she said "Nani....." and I went all sing song.. "Yes Nek...EH EHHH YE MAKCIK ANI!!!!" hahahahahah thinking nobody heard it BUT NOOO EVERYONE HEARD IT and it became the little joke that was never gotten over. hahahah they laughed but i was extremely embarrassed and started explaining the whole Grandma-aura-Nenek-Serdang, im sure my face turned red but it was dark inside so yea.... plum, probably? hahahaha

And my favourite line til now...being the shy person that I am.... everytime the family invited me to eat..Nani, makannn! Ill be looking at Hafiz, my face saying 'you'd better be at the dining table with me!' hahahaha.. and ill go all "Heee..maluu..." and his mom said..

"Hang malu, hang lapaq!"


Hahaha i love this movie! 
(picture from Google)

HAHAHAHAHAHA comel gilaaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh my, such memories! hahahaha I once told Mama, his family is really the best ive ever met, I was totally being myself, everyone was simply wonderful, they're a bunch of happy people with a thick Kedah accent! Hahahaha...

Ya Allah... I may not know what your plans are, but I trust that they are always the best.

Ameen. :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment