Thursday, November 1, 2012

How priorities change

Finally! I have time to put up a post. Been meaning to do it on a daily basis but ever since Ive transferred back to Menara, i couldnt care less about other things apart from eat sleep tv and family after work.

Right. Family. About that...

Some friends of mine (talking about the very close ones) are married. 2 of them have babies..and im here to talk about..........Priorities...

I have a bunch of close girl-friends and we were so close, we know each other's secrets and been to each other's houses and been hanging out almost everyday back in our early 20s- during our uni days-lah.

Now? The gang got smaller- our usual bunch of 5-6 people would be around 3-4..or maybe its just the 2 of us catching up while the rest are either working or studying or being everywhere around the world or just married with kids..hahahaha

It got to a point that one of the topics we discussed was about taking time off for friends.. Time off from your busy schedule and catch up like old times..going out for coffee, as adult-like as that sounds..hahaha padahal go mamak and have 2-3 rounds of teh tarik la milo la and end up with ais kosong..hehehehe oh those were the days......

Now back to reality....

Ive a niece, an adorable most loved 8 month old (today!) named Zara Imaan. I love her to bits and shes so spoilt (nothing new there, being the 1st grandchild/niece in my family)...!

Apart from the family (the adults i mean-mom dad and everyone else) Zara is the one person I soooo look forward to seeing everyday after work. I can get so caught up with work during the day, all stressed out til my eyeballs were about to pop.....and the first glance at her, everything just went away.. her smile, her giggle, her baby laughter...wahhh.. sayang sangat okay!

The thing is, Im the type who would have plans almost every night, and come home at 10? 11? sometimes 12? ON A WEEKDAY! And id miss Zara cause she'd be asleep by 9-10pm already.. boohoooo..

So what i do now is to come home straight from work...Sometimes i dont even get to see this little munchkin for 2 days and id mis her so baddddd! Id stand by her cot and kiss her lightly..before Yaya and Efan decided to lower her cot cause she can actually stand on her own now...so reaching down to kiss her proves to be a difficult task now..

Id rearrange my plans- one night out, two nights in...and not only for Zara.. I remember the time Mama made this remark..

"Nani girl, Mama want you home at least one night on a weekday, to have dinner at home.."

Man i felt so bad! I mean..to the extend that my mom had to say that is just wrong..

So that adds up to my less-night-out and more-nights-in....JUST to spend quality time with my family..AND IM NOT MARRIED YET!

Hahahahaha...

So you can imagine how one's priorities will change once theyre married... I dont want to take my family for granted just because we stay in the same house..I want to have dinner at home, to watch tv together, laugh, unwind and do just that...

Or maybe im a family person?

Nah...im both..flexible.. I love my friends just as much too..

So apart from spending quality time with the family, id make time for friends too...

But then again, as you grow older, your friends get lesser...perhaps you can then differentiate who your real friends are.. One that takes time off their busy schedule to grab a cup of coffee with you..to simply make time..and that means a lot to me..hehehehe and youd know those people who you dont see for months and months and the moment you meet them, its like you just met yesterday!

And now one of my besties Titi's getting married..in less than 2 weeks OMG!

I cried, okay!!!!

I was driving and Keane's song Somewhere only we know was playing..and my mind drifted back to the time Id just press the bell of her house and crash over her room and we'd talk and talk and talk.....and go out for drinks and talk some more...or to make last minute plans..or to just hang around her kitchen..BAHAHAHA I LOVE THIS PART SEBAB MAMA DIA MASAK SEDAP SANGAT........................................

So can imagine la why i emo memo..............................

hahahaha but i still pray for her happiness with Fn, super smooth wedding ceremonies (her side n FNs) and a lifetime of joy, happiness now sampai Jannah, insyaAllah..

I love you Titiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Hahha ok emo balik bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment