Sunday, October 14, 2012

Work. Love it, or hate it?

I think i may as well put this blog to good use ie daily expressions and random posts.....

So many things have been happening, especially at work. But work is work, im trying to clear my head and my heart from these feelings of hatred and disgust i have for some people that i need not mention. I trust Allah that everything happens for a reason, so lets just let it be.

I know ive been complaining a lot about work, and i remembered someone telling me back then-

"I hope you're not like some people who keep complaining and saying theyre gonna leave but end up staying for more years to come"

OUCH!

Needless to say, i was out of EY a few months after. 

But i need to get things straight here. I mean with my life.

I wanted to leave EY because i cant stand the fact that the hours i put in is never enough. Its robbing TIME from my family and friends, and most importantly, Allah. I just got back from Umrah and i was expecting some changes within me. To cut the story short, i felt like i was drifting further away..So the intention was to re-connect with my inner self, for some inner peace, with a job that not only pays the bills, but gives me a sense of satisfaction. 

Initially Maybank was okay, until there was some restructuring in the department and a new boss came in. God, im telling you that she reminds me of the time when i was in EY. A workaholic who (im taking a wild guess here) throws herself into work. 

During her first month as my boss, i cried. No, not in front of her but at home...duh! I was in an assignment that she was in charge of and my oh my i was SUPER stressed out until a pimple came out AND THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE, NOT EVEN IN EY SO YOU CAN GUESS MY LEVEL OF STRESS THERE.

SO anyway, enough talking about her, i believe that we are all in charge of our own lives and no matter HOW people treat you, YOU are in charge of HOW you feel towards a particular situation. 

But its not easy. It hurts, and youre forced to face that environment for 5 consecutive days a week.

Somehow or rather i think that these are all life's experiences.

I wanted to venture into something totally different but i need to be responsible too. I cant simply quit my job and expect mommy daddy to come to my rescue. Im 27 and i have my own commitments. Bills that needs to be paid.

All this, for a comfortable lifestyle, not LUXURIOUS, just....comfortable. Alhamdulillah, rezeki mencukupi, sometimes more than enough.

So im going to start my day with a positive mind, 'dimulai dengan Bismillah, disudahi dengan Alhamdulillah..'..

Ya Allah aku pohon kekuatan dan kesabaran, Ameen..

p/s: and to update my resume! hehehe no harm trying, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment