Wednesday, September 26, 2012

walkdown memory lane: A Fairytale date

When Reza put on hoobastank's The Reason out loud, it was a loong memory flashback for me. Transferred d song to my phone n put it on 'repeat' all d way home.

Little did i know that d lyric (at some point was an eye opener).. I didnt go down memory lane n went all sappy and sad, i actually put it on repeat for this...

I'm not a perfect person (duh yeah)
There's many thing I wish I didn't do (all d time)
But I continue learning (yup!)
I never meant to do those things to you (whoever i have hurt in d past)
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

[Chorus]
I've found a reason for me (to be a better person, a better Muslimah, a better servant to Allah)
To change who I used to be (turning over a new leaf)
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

So u see? I almost got teary eyed but it was more of a determination..to change.

Of course, there are things id want to vent out here but id rather keep it to myself. Just do some self evaluating and move on with life..

On to another note, a couple of weeks ago, Hana and i were talking about the men we met, the ones that had an impact on our lives, and the ones that were mere passer bys. Smehow or rather i remembered this time sometime in 2008, one id call a "Fairytale Date"....

It started off at the gym, at the time when i was channelling all my sadness and anger to..running..on the treadmill..teehee.. It gets u going, actually..i had a purpose, i wanted to slim down (not that i was obese.. but more on the chubby side)..HAHA ok moving on now..

I was in my final semester in uni. Decided to join the gym cause i was sick and tired and feeling fat and bloated and totally disregarding my financial standing (i wasnt working and was basically relying on allowances by mes parents), i joined the gym. I had a whole new resolution, going to the gym working out, and run (on the treadmill) from my issues and problems.

So that one fine day, i brought my notes along. I remembered it was an Internal Audit paper due in a few days time, and i remembered that i wore a baggy tracksuit with a pink tshirt. I was totally oblivious to my surroundings cause i was on a mission- to walk on the treadmill and study at the same time. HEHE berjaya kah?

The trainers at my gym were a bunch of friendly dudes and dudettes (is there such word now?hehe).. They would be walking around and making small talks.. and then on this particular day, one trainer decided to come up to me and say Hi...

A longer Hi, more of a conversation, which led to him asking for my number.

He was pretty determined, considering i denied the first time around. So not wanting to give in, i smiled and said.."if u want it u can get it from the system"..

CEHH. Konon hard to get lah..hahahaha

Anyways, i continued with my workout/studying and left awhile later. And for the record no, the trainer didnt disclose any other info apart from wanting my number.

The moment i reached home, i received a text message from an unknown number and well, to cut the story short, it wasnt the trainer, but it was one of his clients. I honestly could not remember which guy, but what i do know is that i passed a few dudes on my way to the treadmill.

So a short description about this dude, his name is A (memang start with A pun), he is 8 years my senior, working for a couple of years already in the oil and gas industry (i dont know la what IS it with me and O&G dudes) and apparently, he owns that company. I was 23 at that time and it was a few years after my break up with another A.. (another thing about me being a Z, i dated A guys..hahaha ok poyo bye) and had a drama with some guy ALSO with the name..A..

My mind was pretty screwed up HENCE the gym to let it all out, so when this gym dude called and texted me, hey being the nice person that i am (HIKHIK) i accepted the friendship. Did i mention he is 8 years my senior? And that i had no working experience apart from my practical training so that was just a short duration of 6 months (yes this matters apparently, and ill tell u why later)..

He talks about politics and economics A LOT. A HELL LOT, im telling you. He'd call me past 12 midnight and it would last for 2-3 hours and i was just there listening to him, but never had the courage to say BYE. hahahaha so padan muka kau tadah telinga. It WOULD be interesting NOW, because by now id understand a whole lot about the working environment and of course, more into world news. In my defence i was 23 and i was preparing for my finals so i was never into anything irrelevant to my studies. HEHE

And this one conversation never left my brain, until now. You know one of my favourite things EVER? The BMW? Yes so the conversation goes something like this:-

Him: So what cars r u into?
Me: Ohhh..thats easy.. I loveeeeeee BMWs!
Him: Wow really?? I actually drive that car.. (Ok he has a driver and i know this sebab he dropped it into the conversation oh-so-casually..like.."Oh its okay i can talk, im not driving.*while the car was on the road*)
Me: ohh ye ke, but i suka the 5 series!

MY FAVOURITE! New BMW that time.

Him: Ha ye lah.. yang tu.. 
In my head: yang ni la kot- the old one.

Me: Um.. i mean the new one tu...hehehe
Him: Yes, my dear, yang itu lah..
Me: *speechless*



Hahahahaa ok moving on to the fairytale date, as soon as results were out (Alhamdulillah i dapat GREAT results) and he said.."jom celebrate, u nak makan APA.." (Apa = french? italian? indonesian?)

So i said i wanted something cheesy..so i settled for ..french..i think..hahaha and he said he'd choose the place and make reservations..and pick me up from home.

HAHA okay i was nervous, but i maintained my coolness.....................and when the day came, a blue 5 series stopped, and he came out and opened the passenger door for me...His driver was driving btw. NGAHAHA princessy much?

I was SHY, like REALLY SHY, i didnt say much during the ride and he said the place we're going to is a surprise...

We finally arrived...at Sunway Hotel, at a French restaurant? Or was it italian? And i had super cheesy stuff!!!! OMG SEDAP OK.

Another conversation i had during lunch was when he asked for my opinion on working relationships..u know, girl and guy having meetings..u know, stuff along those lines.. and since i was JUST out of a drama like those, i said NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No way will i go out bla3.....

So that was in 2008..

If it was now, id know that things like that cant be avoided. Especially in audit, lots of discussion are required..one on one, semua tu lah...

Sooo..itu lah fairytale date i...

Would be nice if theres another fairytale date now, but this time maybe id know what to respond lahh..

hahahahaa okay going for makan now byeee!!!

p/s: All pictures from Google, not mine. hihihi

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment